Why I Chose This Theme...


When choosing a theme for the blog I scrolled through all of the options first. The SOHO themes were the ones that really caught my eye. Something about simple colors and a geometric layout really soothes me to look at. When I think about someone looking at a blog I created I want it to be easy to navigate and easy to look at. No obnoxious colors or pop ups. I chose to eventually go with SOHO Dark, the grey color of the page really caught my eye. It was tasteful and simply clean looking. 

The different pages o

n this theme were easy to navigate just how I wanted it to be. There also weren't that many options on what to click on which i find to be the least confusing. 

I believe that instagram is the best so far for my personal use. It offers a lot of different audiences to reach as well. I believe this is probably best for a business as well. I love to see different business accounts on instagram. when someone has a satisfying instagram that is aesthetic it makes me more interested in their product. I have also heard that for people who are trying to make a name for themselves, TIk Tok is the best app for that. Their algorithm is the most advanced, always picking up on things that you like or save and showing you more of it. This is why I believe it is so easy to become famous off of that app. I believe there is a definite distinct difference between what a personal and business account should look like. i am definitely more interested in learning what a business account on instagram should and should not consist of. 

When it comes to having my personal account also being the account that I use to promote my intuitive healing sessions, I am not 100% sure how best that works for me. I have gone back and forth debating whether i should create a two separate accounts or not. I am open to creating a business account for myself, and i think maybe even just writing this post has led me to realize that i should definitely do so.

I believe having two separate accounts will allow for people who are interested in my offerings to Follow it, it will almost weed out a lot of people who don't even look at my account. 


Comments

  1. I like the colors only thing I would recommend changing the grey to maybe a lighter shade of grey to be seen a little better on this background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this theme, but I agree the grey text on the dark grey background makes it hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggi!
    1. The text needs to be in a brighter color for readability.
    2. I'd structure the text into paragraphs more.
    3. LOVE your feedback on TikTok. I dont' know much about that app, I haven't created an account. The algorhythm is better? That's pretty intriguing. I may take a look now. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked soho as well, and said similar things to it! Isn't it just a minimalists dream? I think you did an amazing job making your website look smoothe, chic, and clean. I love the feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I like simple themes as well. I like how you can start simple and build up the complexity of interest with your content. The colors you chose are calming like you wanted, but I do think a little more contrast between the background and the text would make it a little easier to read. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts